06-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #15
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
Thanks...this is all new to me...
Oh whoops! Sorry dude, I read your post too quick. I thought you said, does the money you put down for MSD's count towards your Money Factor too?

For the Cap Cost, the only thing that can lower that is by negotiation with your dealer on the price of the vehicle. Or if you put down a Cap Cost Reduction, which is nothing more than a downpayment kind of. Cap Cost Reductions, are almost always a bad deal though, because all you are doing is paying the money towards your overall lease, up front. That's like renting an apartment for $500 bucks a month but you pay $1,000 up front to lower your monthly payment to like $475 a month.

The MSD's just lower the Money Factor, which in turn lowers your monthly payment, which in turn lowers the amount of money that you spend over all throughout the life of the lease, and then you get all the money back you put down in MSD's. So its a good deal, that is if you don't have some other investment opportunity that will net you a higher return, like in some stock portfolio.
Appreciate 0