TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Maybe if the M5 went on a diet it would have won! BMW used to make light weight M cars, what happened to that? 100kg more than the E63, wow

If not for the front of the E63 I would be all over it, I can't stand how the hood looks (emblem sticking up and grill) I like the looks of the C63 and CLS63 hood much better, not sure why they went old school with the E63.

BMW better watch their backs, CTS-V, E63, RS6 could all beat it and be cheaper (well two of the three, RS6 will be stupid expensive like always)
I don't really think weight is the primary problem. BMW seems to do a good job at countering the weight. I'm not saying the F10 M5 is the better car here, it's just hard to come to a conclusion with one verdict from one magazine that doesn't really match up to what the reviews are saying. I mean do they mean when they say it isn't as sharp as the E63? ...

If other head-to-head comparisons are the same, it looks like BMW lost it's focus and did what Mercedes usually does, focus on being an all-rounder with performance rather than being strictly performance. It's going to be REAL interesting how the F30 M3 is going to turn out.

Last edited by TheBingoBalls; 10-05-2011 at 11:19 AM..
Appreciate 0