View Single Post
      06-17-2009, 12:38 PM   #23
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzftw View Post
I am going balls to the wall, but recently I was asked to play football again so I need to be lifting as well as cardio.
A few things I need to get done by August 24th:
Squat 345
Bench 280+
Calf Raise 500
Dumbbell press 100

What I am at
Squat: 245
Bench: 205
Calf Raise: 400
Dumbbell press: 65lbs

I need all the help I can get at this point. Will post pictures soon!!
Well, one recommendation I would have for you in terms of making great strides with the lifting aspect, would be to stick to dumbbells as much as possible (except for exercises where a cable will offer you more resistance through a greater range of motion).

Flat and incline press need to be dumbbells. I can't do bar anymore because my shoulders are kaput, but I always had better results with dumbbells anyway as far as size gains went. Flys should be dumbbells and pec deck, but if you can only do one of the two, make it the pec deck. You should be able to tell which method of weights works you harder and through a greater, more isolated motion. Like I said before, everyone is different.

Also, how are you grouping your muscle groups (i.e. what do you work on the same day), and how many days do you go before your cycle starts over again (i.e. how much rest for each group)? A lot of time you can experiment with grouping to net much better results. Depending on how you group, there is always going to be at least one muscle that gets screwed out of days off, so it's best to make sure it's up to the task (for me it's triceps since I do multiple pressingexercises for shoulders on shoulder/bicep/back day and I'm on a two day cycle).
Appreciate 0