AlphaAlpineM6
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6 & 2012 AMG CLS63

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2be View Post
It does sound great, but for those of us who have been slow to jump on an aftermarket exhaust system, it would be very interesting to hear how the stock exhaust system would sound with just the addition of the catless downpipes. With that as a base we could then determine if we want to either change the mufflers, delete the mufflers, or some other variation. I realize there is little incentive for IND to revert their wonderful car back to the stock exhaust just as a sound test to see if potential customers might be satisfied with just the catless downpipe. But, you might end up selling many more downpipes, especially after the ESS tune comes out, if the sound is close to a $5,000+ exhaust system with just the dp change. And more HP in the bargain!

Have you had any customers buy your catless dp and install it with the stock exhaust? Any sound clips of that configuration?
You make a good point. I too, am planning on retaining the stock exhaust system with just a catless downpipe for performance benefits. I don't want my exhaust to be too over the top.

I wonder if there's any rasp, rattle, or drone with the setup I mentioned above

2008 M3 Sedan + catless + Tune
2012 CLS63 AMG
2014 M6 Coupe + catless + KW V3
2015 Porsche GT3
, 2015 M3, all stock, 1/1 Space Grey
Appreciate 0