04-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #208
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawpurv99 View Post
Thanks, but maybe I phrased it a little incorrectly. I am #1 on my dealer's list because I put a deposit down about a year and half ago. I am doing ED, but the dealer has confirmed I am his first M5 regardless. My dealer happens to also be one of the top M sales guys in the country, so now I'm just trying to understand how BMW's process works since they clearly will not have enough M5's in production (starting in July) to fulfill all of the demand in the US with the late August/early September deliveries.
The way I understand it is that each dealership ostensibly has a list of prospective buyers who have put down a deposit (if in fact, they require one for their list).

Sometime this week (first week of May) the order bank will open and they will find out how many initial cars they will be offered.

Those orders will be fulfilled.

Any dealerships that have more people on the list than avaialbe cars, will have to wait for additional allocation. Or alternatively, try to trade another dealership that has more allocation than orders for the rights to the car.
Appreciate 0