04-16-2020, 02:51 PM   #10
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMiddleton107 View Post
Realised I had bought the wrong battery, 95Ah instead of 105Ah. I've been out and bought the correct one and fully charged that along with the 95Ah and tried again but still no joy. I tried again at the weekend and the engine spun slow but for a split second sped up to the point where I thought it was going to start but then went back to the click. I noticed my Xenons were trying to kick in each time so I've removed the main fuses for the lights to lessen the draw on the battery(s). I've tried again tonight but no turning today, just a click and then a low humming sound of something spinning until I take my foot off the brake or start button. I've found a 2nd hand starter on eBay for less than £100, I'm wondering whether to give this a whirl, hopefully they aren't too much of a sod to fit if I go down that route.

Is it worth taking the spark plugs out and trying to turn it over? I suppose if I did that I could borascope down in the cylinders although I really wouldn't have a clue what I'm looking for to be honest.
You need to be trying to turn the crank with a ratchet or bar. You could be suffering from a spun rod bearing.
Appreciate 0