View Single Post
      04-29-2014, 02:28 PM   #42
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.wang
Is it just me or is your front bumper not sitting flush with your hood nearest to the headlights? There were no before pictures so I'm not sure if it was like that to begin with... Really stands out on the yellow in all of the post LCI front end pictures

Other than that, LCI really does make the front end look so much more aggressive
@a.wang @gezi999

When I was tackling the NV LCI Front Grille retrofit I needed to partially remove my front bumper... your front bumper wasn't properly aligned when it was reinstalled, but it's an easy fix.. minor adjustment.

- Open the hood.
- Remove the hood seal strip.
- Remove the black fixing plugs along the front bumper/hood edge by partially lifting up the center pin to unlock it, then pull it up and out.
- Loosen all of the screws along the front bumper/hood edge enough so their washers aren't securing the hood down/in place.
- Position/align the front edge of the left side of front bumper and tighten down the screws to secure the bumper. Do the same for the right side.
- Close the hood, then use your eyes/fingers to check the gap clearance. It should be uniform from left to right, and both far ends shouldn't be pushed down.
- Once the clearance is uniform and looks good, make sure all the screws are in place. Make sure all of the black fixing plugs are re-installed.
- Re-install the hood seal strip, making sure it's properly seated.
- Close it up, all is good in the hood.