09-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #1
bradone1
BMW Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 M Sport, 2015 M4 Vert

Gripe about center console in the M5

Hi Guys,

havent received my car yet but I did see one at the dealer the other day. Fantastic car and i know i will be very happy when mine is delivered.

I do have one gripe though that i am not happy with compared to my wife's 535i... The center console area between the seats is made of some kind of rubbery-leatherlike material and this was the same on my old 2008 M3 (which was the first release of its kind just like we are getting now with the M5)

My wife's 535 (which was ordered before released) came out with the wood (anthracite) in the center near the gear shifter to match the rest of the dash... not this rubbery-leatherlike black material around the shifter/ash tray...

I am betting that the 2014 M5 will have the wood package in the center, if it does im gonna be pissed as poo... (if that makes sense.. heh)

If anyone can confirm that it was done as a 'sporty' measure than that is something different; i just think that it should match the rest of the dash and also since i have a car that was released prior with the wood the center and the M5 being a higher end car, it should have it too in the center. it looks much better in the 535i... my wife sat in the M5 with me and said : WTF is this sh!t?

Does anyone else notice this or am i being too pretentious here??
Appreciate 0