View Single Post
      11-08-2012, 11:20 PM   #21
krispykreme
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Louis View Post
Perhaps a little background may help people calm down, even though I'm sure everyone feels like I do -- I really find it hard being patient only because I can't wait to drive the car again after driving it for 3 weeks in Europe.

The ship with my car reached the port of entry about midnight October 27th, the car got to the VPC (about 1 1/2 miles away) on the 28th. It is still at the VPC.

HOWEVER, I have been to this VPC several times in the past and I was there last week -- I have never seen so many cars in the lot as there are now. In the past it was very rare for the lot to be half full, now it is completely full. U. S. Customs even has an impound lot at the VPC and it looks like they can't get one more car in their lot. And this is on the west coast, I understand that the situation is pretty much the same at the other VPCs. And this was before the east coast storm. The VPCs are swamped with cars!

As far as your dealer knowing where the car is, my dealer previously told me when the car reached the VPC -- on the day after it actually did. She called me yesterday to tell me that the status report showed the VPC started working on the car yesterday! Your dealer should be able to do the same, if they want to!

If you were familar with the history of BMW deliveries you'd know that because of workload and other issues it isn't all that unusual that a car can be at a VPC for up to two weeks. If we don't know what is involved in getting the cars ready for and getting to the dealer, how long it actually takes, how many cars can be handled in a day by a particular VPC, etc. it is easy for us to think it can be done in a day. The problem is, we don't know what we don't know; if we knew maybe we'd understand.

I'm as anxious as anyone, but I'm trying to understand. I also understand that BMW has an interest in getting cars into the hands of customers because it doesn't count as a 'sale' in that great race with M-B and Audi until they do.

Hang in there, the car is worth it!
I have been to VPC several times as well.

My beef is that there are cars that were made two weeks after my drop off in germany on 9/16. Made a boat that only left a week behind my boat. That car is delivered before mine.

I am furious because BMW has not told me anything after monday.

So far BMW has wasted 4.5 weeks on delivery of my car.

My car made to port on 9/19. But it missed Fidelio that left on 9/28. I made cephues leader on 10/1. Why did my car set until 10/1 is beyond me. At worse case I would have been on Fidelio that left 9 days after my car reaches port.

2. Cepheus leader arrived on 10/25. The custom was cleared on 26th. But BMW told me they go my car on 30th, which is BS. Because their own website showed my car at VPC on 28th.

3. I had a little chip on my rear bumper that requires new paint. But from 10/28 to today 11/8. A total of 11 days. I have no idea what is going on.

The fact that a later car made earlier than mine is not acceptable.