View Single Post
      02-28-2018, 09:01 AM   #1
mwnbr
Mark
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

Faulty Door Lock / Comfort Access?

I've recently been having some problems with the locking and unlocking of my car (F10 M5), and although I've read another similar thread, having played around with a number of fuses, perhaps my problem isn't the same.

Basically my car has been having intermittent problems with the remote locking and unlocking. It seems to have a mind of its own! I can approach the car with my key in my hand and the car decides to unlock itself, even when not pressing the remote button or pulling the handle (comfort access). Sometimes I can approach the car, try to unlock it with the key fob, and it won't open. There's times when I lock the car with the fob, and immediately it unlocks itself. There's even times when the car wont unlock via the fob or through comfort.

I'm sure all of this malfunctioning is the reason why I'm getting warnings on my dash that the battery is draining while stationery!

I've looked at similar posts, and it's been suggested that this lot could all be down to the comfort access, and through pulling Fuse 36 this will cut out the comfort access, therefore stopping the problematic element and stop draining the battery. On my car Fuse 36 is for washer fluid, so I've pulled all fuses part from 2 and 8 (difficult to access), and have not been able to isolate the comfort access.

Has anyone had similar problems? Any ideas what this erratic locking, not locking, battery draining issue is? ultimately I might need to take the car to BMW to rectify, however if the issue may just be the simple replacement of a fuse, I don't look forward to their charging me a couple hundred pounds for their troubles.

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Last edited by mwnbr; 02-28-2018 at 09:06 AM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 0