View Single Post
      05-01-2015, 07:58 AM   #74
Thunder43
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

It won't be difficult for you at all considering your skills.

All you need is a trim tool or something similar to pry the housings loose. I would also recommend wearing gloves to protect your lining and also to shield you from the heat of the door, trunk, and glovebox lights. Those suckers will be hot.

The trick to the front dome light is compressing the metal spring clips while pulling down. This takes a bit of finesse and also some force. Not wanting to tear up my car, I didn't use enough force at first until I figured out the mechanism.
You have to first release the front two clips. You will know by having about a quarter inch gap between housing and ceiling. Then you have to remove the inner trim plate by prying loose. This will expose the holes where you can insert a screwdriver to release the two side spring clips. This is outlined in the instructions, but the sequence is vague.

Once all 4 clips are released, the entire housing can be popped loose and will hang down on wiring harness. This will take a bit of force, more than I initially was giving.

The rest of the install was very straightforward.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.