08-16-2012, 08:14 AM   #36
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nv6425 View Post
I too am without a car (borrowing one from my brother) and was extremely frustrated by the delay, but let's be realistic, we have no power here and this whole process just adds to the anticipation!

Imagine 2.5 weeks from now when we take delivery of our cars and the first US cars are photographed and posted on this forum - it's going to be awesome!

For those of you contemplating canceling your orders, let's be realistic, how upset will you be when you see an M5 flying past you on 9/2 knowing that you could also be an owner of what some people consider "the best sedan ever"? That thought exactly is what pulled me off the edge of cancelling mine!
I applaud your realistic viewpoint and ability to refrain from throwing a temper tantrum because you have to wait an extra week or two more for the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poleposition View Post
Patience. This is like my 5yr old crying to me that there's a new game out for his Wii and he knows its in the store but cant understand why we cant just go get it. Patience. The car will be worth the wait. Complaining won't help you get it any faster and will only frustrate you more. Once you do take delivery, you wont even remember the wait. My X6 sat at the port for some time before the CARB cert and it sucked but what can you do? Try waiting for a stateside delivery after a Euro delivery at the welt. Thats tough too. All worth the wait though. All the best to everyone waiting for cars. Cant wait to see all the new delivery pics.
Exactamundo
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. In storage back home in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, lots of track stuff SOLD
Appreciate 0