View Single Post
      03-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #12
johntomferg
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly drove a 13 F10 M5

Code:
Perhaps the OP is the size of Shaq and needs all the space he can get?
I'm no small guy, but I'm not shaq sized. That said, you could effectively consider it the same problem. So let's utilize the Shaq Buick commercial for the discussion.

Notice through careful editing they don't show him getting in, and the he offsets the height of his right knee by sitting unevenly in the seat such that he is lifting his left leg up more.

In the same way, the steering wheel in the full up position doesn't do much for me. There is this odd under and up motion when it comes to granting right knee clearance to evenly position infront of the wheel. (the evenly position part is what you don't see Shaq do in the commercial, or else you'd see that right knee 'up'). Just about an inch more clearance on the bottom of the wheel would make it a smooth action to get in/out.

Once I'm in, I'm good.

Keep in mind the problem is also easily managed when there is no car next to you on the drive side in a parking lot. But it is exceptionally aggravated when you can't open the door far enough because someone is parked next to you.

Quote:
I know you would also lose your heated steering wheel
Wife would ix-nay that in a heartbeat. I believe you if that is what you have already discovered in your research, but I'm not full sure I can appreciate why this would be lost on a modified wheel. Heat conducting leads can be re-looped.

So no good options at the moment. For what it is worth, I hear-by throw down the gauntlet for the modding companies to device a solution without compromise.
Appreciate 0