View Single Post
      10-16-2013, 10:35 PM   #6
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Day 4: Tuesday, September 17th. Portland, Oregon -> Seattle, Washington.

Tuesday morning, I awoke as early as I could so that I could do as much sight seeing before reaching Seattle. I left Portland and proceeded on Oregon Highway 26 until I reached the 103 and made it to the tiny village of Jewell Oregon. I then went Westbound on the Oregon route 202 and took that all the way up to Astoria, Oregon. The 202 was in a word, EPIC! An amazing forest road that was about 40 miles long. No one was on it, and I mean no one! When I finally reached Astoria, it was raining there and it was the first rain that my M5 was about to see throughout the entire trip. When I got to Astoria, I made a quick stop at the Goonies House. Goonies never say die, by the way, and after I did the Truffle Shuffle I left Astoria via Oregon Highway 30 Eastbound.

I took Highway 30 until I reached Longview, Washington. I crossed the river, got gas and then got on the I-5 Southbound. Yes backwards, the opposite direction to Seattle. Lol! I did this because my next stop was Mount Saint Helens! When I got to the small town of Woodland, Washington I got off the highway and went Eastbound on route 503. The 503 was also amazing. I got some great shots with Yale Lake in the background. The 503 also has some of the coolest forest roads I have ever seen! I made my way East on the 503 until I got to NF-25 and took that north all the way to Mount St. Helens. I made a detour half way up NF-25 onto NF-99 to get to a scenic view of Mount St. Helens. These roads are just insane by the way. Nobody on them when I went up there too! After discovering that the top of Mount St. Helens was obscured by clouds I then went back on my way up to Highway 12 and then pretty much took Route 7 all the way up to Seattle. Just before I reached Seattle I ran into an Audi RS4. Let's just say I gave him a reason to remember me. Lol! I met another friend of mine in Seattle and had dinner with her, afterwhich I checked into my hotel at the Marriott on the Bay and was greeted by bellboys and valets who where drooling in awe of my straightpiped F10 M5. I revved it up a couple of times right at the front entrance and they all went crazy like teenage girls at a Justin Beiber concert. Lol! Seattle seemed awesome but I honestly did get a chance to explore the city since I did so much sight seeing all day on the way up.

Last edited by RPiM5; 10-16-2013 at 10:41 PM..
Appreciate 0