02-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #33
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
You should crawl right back under that rock. If you really had any clue where this same from you would be red-faced.

Honestly, you just stated correctly above that "They also have ways to log certain information". THIS is how they can tell. There are tables that are compared. The freaking Dyno specs on this car are documented in a 26 page book for goodness sake. How naieve can you be here? Yeah, it goes DIRECTLY to BMW Germany. The dealers have a heck of a lot less knowledge and CONTROL than people expect. At least you and I can agree on this.

Your repeated DENIALS of everything don't make THEM any more credible. You pulled all of your negativity out of your butt, throw it around and declare "case closed". Perhaps you should apply that thinking to yourself before discrediting things. I wouldn't repeat any of this if guys like you didn't make unfounded comments that come from absolutely ZERO insight.

If you don't believe things then move on. Really comical. I am willing to bet that you are over there doubting the BMW downpipes and exhaust I mentioned too. Funny stuff. Held them in my own hands. Can't think of better proof. As soon as I get permission I will post some pics so you can have validity.

I really don't find it very productive to be this nasty with each other but I am not going to take abusive lashings either.

Listen, as I posted on another board, I know by writing this stuff I sound like a freaking know it all and someone who thinks he knows everything. Truth is, I am a regular really nice guy who happens to have a load of time on his hands and building these cars has just become a hobby of mine (I use the term "building" loosely. To me that means buying stuff and having someone else install it). I know NOTHING about the inner workings of the car. Heck, I couldn't change my oil if I had to. I just happen to have a very unique association with someone who is an upper echelon guy in relation to BMW Germany. He is responsible for many of the technologies in today's BMWs. I take his word at face value because really I cannot imagine questioning him. Other than that, honestly I couldn't "prove" anything except that I personally receive the products and install them on my car and the car is exceptional. The information about Dynos I have seen as well. The BMW Dyno thing and warranties I was told about in advance and today I got word that it went through. If it turns out to be bogus information I will gladly eat my words too. It just makes no sense that it would be, coming from this individual. Nothing in the past has ever proven to be inaccurate. He is so highly reputable and passionate about these cars. Believe me, as a car nut, getting to speak to him the first time was one of those "magic" moments in life.

I know it is hard to believe things that people write sometimes on here and frankly I really understand the cynicism. I would likely have the same initial thoughts. I am sure you read the first thread I wrote about my software and then saw Manhart jump in and say "It does not exist". Then I jumped on him for questioning mine and told him that his did not exist. We ended up on the phone together and really hit it off. During our second conversation, we discovered that we had the SAME tune. So does ACS, PPI, and several others. Got a good laugh out of it.

Honestly, I don't want to create tension between you and I. Just PM me anytime and I will gladly connect you with the products if you want. I am very happy to help. I hate that I can't share information that really many people would never have access to, and be sort f chastised for it. I know that is probably not your intent and from my standpoint no hard feelings whatsoever.

Yawn.
Not red faced at all.
Your insults don't make you any better.
I am not even going to dignify your rant with a response
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0