08-16-2009, 09:35 PM   #39
ZED4Mjjl
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 M6 Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosety2009 View Post
I for one think a V10 is bit overkills for the kind of performance numbers you can get out of a V8. If done properly you can get 650 HP from a V8tt 5.0L engine without breaking a sweat. I believe this will be probably be a lot more HP than BMW will be willing to put into their M5.

I believe you will get a new BMW which will produce 30-50more HP than the current version, but, loose approximately 200-300 lbs. while increasing fuel effeciency by 15%.
Totally agree from a business standpoint, the 2010 E63 Mercedes will pack only a modest increase to 518 HP, the 2010 XF-R Jag is already weaker than the current M5, the Audi RS6 is way too heavy and is unavailable in the US the largest market for M cars, and the Cadillac CTS-V is only marginally quicker than the current M5. There is no reason for BMW to pack 600+ hp in this car. That said I am sure the TTV8 will probably be close to that figure, and with lower weight it should make for an awesome vehicle with even better handling than the current model.
I personally love the NA M engines (the M3 V8 is a work of art) and will miss them, but times change and so must BMW.
Appreciate 0