View Single Post
      05-04-2014, 06:57 AM   #20
GarbageMan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

I got my M5 on X-Mas Eve. I had it back at the dealer before New Years complaining about the my speedometer accuracy, as I noticed it right away with no GPS or anything. I'd be rolling down the road @ say 60, and the speedo would be saying I was going faster. I had my wife roll next to me in her vehicle which confirmed my suspicions. I could just tell that this was not the case. The dealer immediately produced a piece of paper detailing BMW's range of tolerance... and that was that... I still don't like it.

Interestingly, when I was in college I ordered a new Mustang GT. I ordered it with a 3.08 rear end vs the standard 2.78 that I think 99% of the GTs on the road had. 5 minutes after I drove it off of the lot I could tell the speedo was running fast. About a week later, I took it back to the dealer and told them what was happening, that the nylon speedo drive gear was wrong, that it was the one for the 2.78 (long before electronic drives). They were, as dealers are still today, perturbed with me for "telling them what the fix was". They tried to figure out what was wrong for a day before finally realizing I was right...which made them even madder...
Appreciate 0