View Single Post
      11-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #17
star21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 en route

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
(Also we might have a rear Brembo option coming)
Good to hear! I was hoping and figured it was only a matter of time before a shop came out with a brake upgrade for the rear. Will this only be a caliper replacement since the OEM rotor is already MASSIVE or a full caliper/rotor combo? Also, like someone mentioned, will it still be able to retain the parking brake function? It certainly would make the M5 look like a proper performance sports sedan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
This is very interesting. How would you manage brake balance if only upgrading rear?
Great question. Since the front already has massive rotors and 6-piston fixed calipers which would already be considered a big brake upgrade on other cars, I think the attention is diverted to the rears which still have an ugly single-piston floating caliper. Besides the much, much larger rotor I wonder if there's any difference between the M5 and other F10 5-series models?

In any case, I'm sure companies like IND will take brake balance in to account before releasing a product. Adding a proportioning valve or similar system to adjust brake bias doesn't seem very feasible on a street car. If I'm not mistaken, Turner Motorsports also mentioned brake upgrades as a component area that they'd like to upgrade on their project car. With the racing experience Turner has I have no doubt they will come out with a great product as well.
Appreciate 0