Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiten
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90potentialbuyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiten
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90potentialbuyer
I have this issue for a while but been lazy since it doesn't bother me as much. When I close the hood of the car (holding it from the center and dropping it), the passenger side hood doesn't close flush (visible that there there's maybe .25 of an inch or less to go more). Left side (driver side) sits flush upon closing. I always have to go put pressure on the passenger side of the hood (above the head light) for it to close properly. Haven't seen this in any of my other cars. I don't slam the hood but don't close it like a wuss either.

Anyone else have it? I don't think it's a big enough issue for it to go to dealer but just wondering.

Thanks
Don't drop the hood. It's aluminium, not very heavy, and both the latches and hinges have active pyrotechnics. Just lower the hood gently to the latches, then place both hands over each latch area and push slightly until they click into place.
Pyrotechnics? There should be no pyrotechnics in engine bay except for inside the cylinders ;-)
Haha...the F10 has an active hood. If the pedestrian detection calculates an impact with a person is unavoidable, the front hinge mounts blow and drive the leading area up 3" inches. When an actual impact occurs (with or without pre-crash), the rear hinges blow and lift the rear of the hood up 8".
Ah good to know. Had no idea.
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0