03-16-2013, 02:44 PM   #4
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew2069 View Post
I did my 1st oil change this morning at 2800 miles. It was the easiest oil change I've ever done. There is a door/flap on the panel underneat that lets you access the drain plug.
What are you comparing it to? I'm tempted to change my oil at 7k too just for the heck of it. I need to get a jack and stands and whatnot obviously. My previous vehicle was a F150 FX4 (4x4 truck) so there was no need to lift it, one could just slide under there. The filter was a pain the first time, but once I figured out what angle to grip it, it turned into a 2min process.

That would be the easiest oil change of my personal experience. I've changed it on older hondas (my first couple cars years ago) and they weren't bad either, just had to lift the car to get under it as obviously would need to be done on these.

I'm mostly concerned about the filter placement and tight quarters and the fact that everything on these cars seems to be covered with some sort of plastic. I swear I can't get the engine cover back on solidly. There seems to be a slight amount of 'play' in the front ever since I took it off and I have no idea why the connections aren't as snug as they were before I popped it off..
Appreciate 0