stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by avlnch View Post
This is what I have been thinking about.. which might change as I learn more about whats possible and whats not possible in terms of effectiveness and maybe even mounting.

Valentine 1 (2f/2r)
Etched rear view mirror ('invisible' when turned off)
Unit and wires tucked into headliner (light/sunroof motor area)

Laser Interceptor (2f/2r)
Alert light (red) integrated into headliner lights
Alert speaker integrated into headliner behind lights
CPU unit mounted in area under steering wheel (black plastic) cut out for easy USB connection (for updating)

Laser Unit Locations
Front Diodes: behind the honeycomb grill (cut out for sensor if necessary).
Rear Diodes: wherever possible, but hopefully not the license plate.
A few thoughts.

You may issues with interference between the V1 and the blindspot warning system if you have that feature. Also the V1 is no longer the best radar for picking up short bursts of instant on or quick trigger radar. The Bel STIR+ crushes the V1 on this when properly configured. It also has better range and has no issues with BSW since it is mounted at the front of the car.

Laser units won't be effective behind the grille. You have three options:

1) Place them on the edge of the upper lip of the lower intake. If you do this you will need HP sensors, and they must stick out a little. They cannot be recessed or you will get readings on the bonnet. This placement can cause issues if you have installed a clear bra.

2) Place them in the grille vertically. This requires either BMW sensors or HP sensors.

3) For ultimate protection, do 2 and put additional regular sensors in your foglight intake area - i.e. 4 sensors on front, 2 HP and 2 regular or 2 BMW and 2 regular.

Rear diodes should go on the lip above the license plate as wide as possible. The diffuser is too low. It can be mounted without drilling any holes and is actually quite subtle.

I don't post pics online of my install. But I have tested it against 6 laser guns now and it is invincible for most purposes.
Appreciate 0