View Single Post
      02-07-2014, 07:32 PM   #80
Cabbro
Rep
Drives: F12 M6 Cabrio & SL55 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn21 View Post
I don't know the parts list for the 6, it will be similar, probably the speakers are the same but all the trims will be different and I think the centre speaker unit us different. To get the parts list use either realoem or subscribe to bmw tech info to get full EPC access, then you need to work through the relevant 6 (I don't know if coupe, cab and grand coupe are the same) and check all the parts and trims for a car with B&O. In terms of install, your dealer can do it, if they are up for it, but it's not an Appeoved bmw retrofit, so they can't code the NBT for B&O. You will need to do that yourself with esys. You will also need a wiring loom which has to be made to the car. PM for details of where to buy that from. It's not a BMW part as such but the vendor makes them up with all the bmw connectors. Bank on 2 full days at hourly rate as a minimum. If you don't already have 11 speakers with front door tweeters, forget it. Sell the car and buy a new one. To fit all the kit needed to go to B&O I'd guess 10 to 15k. My BMW dealer did do it but not sure that they want to do another one. I knew all the coding required so they were happy I wouldn't complain when it didn't work on handover.

Thanks a lot for the really great info. It sounds like a tonne of work, I will wait til work calms down a bit so I can spend some quality time learning about it properly. Might just leave it and get a new exhaust as my treat instead!
Appreciate 0