View Single Post
      11-30-2015, 06:10 AM   #14
Head
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: RRS Supercharged / 991 Turbo S

Whats it like?

Ok... here we go. I have been driving the Turbo S for about a week as an everyday car. Dont get me wrong, my M5 was a really impressive car and fast. But this thing is on a different planet. It's always ready to go, it has torque there all the time and its delivery is instant and alive. Turn in is amazing and you feel very connected to the road. Lateral grip is unbelievable, will update once I get it to the track and will post a couple of interior photos and a couple more of the dealership... I mean my house!

Couple more things. This is my first go with another brands technology. I have been using idrive for 8 years or so. I like the Porsche stuff too. Its not quite as clever, but it is pretty good to use. Phone connections are all pretty good etc along with Bluetooth streaming. My car has the 18 way seats and they are amazing. Double clutch gearbox is very fast and seamless.

So how fast is it? Check out these two vids. The first one is the Turbo S being thrashed around a track in the UK and the second is the 991 GT3 RS, same driver / track and pretty surprising result.

Go well...
Craig in New Zealand
1971 Mercedes-Benz 280SE - Just love looking at it!
2012 Alpine White M5 - Gone
Appreciate 0