View Single Post
      02-14-2018, 06:40 AM   #9
Mkai0
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by djseto View Post
I revisited the GTI and it’s going to be too small as a replacement. It’s not that I’m not comfortable in the M5 as much as the M reputation for being crazy expensive to own once they age.

The M5 is like my 12th car in the last 15 years. I get the itch every so often but with a kid on the way, the itch changes a bit. I’m not sure I’ve owned a car that I can say I can’t live without. Nothing handled like my C7 Corvette (for the money) but it had its quirks too. After a weekend of driving a few cars, nothing screamed at me so the plan is to keep the M5 for now and revisit down the road.

Ultimately, I was hoping that someone with a high mileage F10 would share how their car has aged.
Speak to Boots. He drives the crap out of his 13’ M5 and has 100k plus miles. These cars are very stout. I too, have looked into getting something else, but I keep coming back to how the all aroundness of this car is very hard to beat for the $$. The M5 is my 18th car in 17 years, and one of my favorites. My LS2 swapped FD RX7 was my favorite car, but the M5 stock would take it on the highway without a sweat while being very comfortable. I love sports cars, but being able to run with some of the big boys in a luxury sedan is badass.
Appreciate 0