10-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #21
nytrus112
///MBajan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 SB CP; '15M235i SB

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
There's definitely something wrong with my car. It could be the key or perhaps there is something wrong with the sensor. Why? Not only does my trunk normally refuse to open, but it's also refusing to close on occasion.

I have two buttons in my trunk: close and close/lock. If I push close, it closes. If I push close/lock, 90% of the time it won't close. On my 550, this used to happen when I was standing away from the trunk and somebody else tried to close it using that button. I guess it's a safety measure if you're not nearby with the key.

The behavior is the same, except for the fact that I'm standing BEHIND THE CAR. I think I'm going to let the dealer explain this to me. Perhaps the battery in the key is dying? Odd for being so new, but I also realized that the car won't unlock from the same distances my 550 would.
yeh that is odd. I'd let them figure it out. Swap out your key if necessary. I assume you've tried it with both your key fobs?