View Single Post
      02-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

Charcoal filter delete dyno results (baseline, akra, akra w/filter delete)

Updated my charcoal delete thread, but thought this info would be beneficial under the general forum.

I had a chance to go and put the car on the dyno again, post charcoal delete. As the good folks at EAS had taken the time to baseline dyno the car stock and after my Akra install, I felt that it was worthwhile to spend a couple more hours with them to make some pulls after the filter delete. I have driven the car hard since I posted the original thread and just did the dyno on Wednesday so if there was some adapting I am sure the car has done so by now.

Results...if you consider all of the gains due to the filter delete, I was looking at almost 11whp and 16ft-lbs of tq gained. I do not believe this is all due to the filters. Some, yes. Also, the interesting thing to note on the graph is the amount of power and torque and the consistency of this gain across the rev band. Results are STD correction, uncorrected is probably more accurate (FI car) but since my akra post used STD, I'll stick with STD.

Obviously, this is just a report back on my results, but when added to the butt dyno and perceived gains, I can say that the car has picked up some power. Oh, and I am not looking to start a dyno war here...just wanted to post some "empirical" data
'10 E60 M5, Space Gray/Black

Last edited by M54ccibo; 02-28-2013 at 09:00 PM..
Appreciate 0