View Single Post
      07-03-2014, 01:33 PM   #1
chrison600
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe

New F10 Owner: Intro + Questions

Hi all,

The wife and I took delivery of a new F10 M5 this past Monday so I thought I'd introduce myself and the car. Also have a few questions.

We were originally going to do Euro Delivery, but that trip fell through so we were just going to order one and have it delivered locally. The wife decided she wanted Alpine White, so I had a look at local dealer inventory. Turned out they had one almost exactly like what we would have ordered so we just bought it (no waiting!). It's an Alpine White with black (extended) interior (anthracite inserts), almost every option (no carbon brakes or infrared). It's got the 20" style 343 wheels.

I've been a BMW fan for decades having worked for a dealer in the '90's. Bought an older 3-series for the daughter several years ago, but this is the first BMW I've owned for myself. Quite a car.

The car will mostly be a commuter for the wife, but I'm a track day junkie (motorcycles) and have been given "permission" to track the car when possible, so this car will likely see some track time. I live in Austin, so it's also likely that this car will see time on COTA. I did a track weekend at COTA a couple of weeks ago, so I'm really looking forward to getting the 5 out there.

A few questions if you don't mind:

What's the current rage in paint care? It seems that back in the '90's it was Zymol, then in the 2000's it was Zaino Bros. What's the big thing now? I'm looking to probably hit it with some clay bar then a quality wax. Opinions?

How about leather/vinyl care? I've always been a big fan of Lexol/Vinylex.

We're still learning our way around the iDrive and settings. Is there a way to turn off the fake exhaust noise?

I'd like to get a few minor accessories. Who is the go to source for body painted reflector swaps? Alternatively colored grills and gills?

Are there any insider tips I should be aware of or take advantage of?

Thanks,

Chris
Appreciate 0