View Single Post
      05-08-2014, 12:48 PM   #30
Larsemann
Norway
Rep
Drives: M5 F10, 991 4S, VW E-UP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
That's my biggest problem with owning the F10 M5 or even E60 M5. I just can't use all of it's performance, or power, or speed where I live. I drove my F10 M5 on the Nurburgring when it was stock, and what an experience that was. I couldn't even imagine what it would be like now that I've upgraded the suspension and horsepower to over 700hp. Southern California with it's wide open desert is the one of the only places in the U.S. where you can truly get an idea of what you have paid for as you say. The State of Montana is another place and I've driven both. I'm hoping to either get a career where I can I live over there in Europe or retire from my career and move over there and enjoy true freedom of driving pleasure both on and off the track. As much as I'd like to dream, the race tracks over here in the U.S. pale in comparison to over in Europe. The Nurburgring is about the only place where big power or high revving engines can be enjoyed to their designed purposes. Owning a smaller and lighter car with less horsepower, like an F82 M4, E92 M3, Porsche Cayman S, Lotus, BMW Z4M, Honda S2000, or even a Fiat Abarth, makes more sense on American race tracks because they just aren't big enough to enjoy 700hp with.

Ok rant over.

And thanks for giving me inspiration.
Why don't you plan a trip to Nurburgring? I will fix all we need, cars, hotels, theoretical walk thrue, whatever you want. I will share my knowledge from the Ring with you for free. I will make sure you avoid all trouble.
Appreciate 0