View Single Post
      09-04-2014, 11:32 AM   #14
Schnell_1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
Isn't he always two hands on and concentrated during the parts where he drives closer to the limit and/or is doing some manouvres?

The rest of the time he is probably driving at 5-7/10ths of his capability. Didn't really see any alarming behaviour. For him this is probably a sunday ride, driving miss Daisy, while I would have been completely exhausted trying to keep up to his pace...

BTW, Philip (the taxi driver in the video) is a BMW test driver and have probably lapped several thousand laps on the 'Ring over the last 8-10 years AFAIK. I know that he also drove the Ring taxi at least as far back as in 2007, so he should have a bit of practice

Here he is in the E60 M5, back in 2008:
So, he is infallible, incapable of human error? How many ring taxi crashes have been posted on this board in the past six weeks? Anytime one steps in a vehicle, lives are at stake, especially in a caustic racing environment such as the Ring. I don't care if he is Michael Schumacher, he had a blase driving demeanor with three young ladies in the car, whom were not wearing helmets while it was raining. Ask any racer, athlete, businessman, or high-achiever for that matter: complacency kills.
Appreciate 0