View Single Post
      01-28-2013, 09:15 PM   #9
SANguru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i8, X5 50,M550i,Tesla, MP4-12c

killing us in what??? All those numbers are slower...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamataF10M5 View Post
Boyz, did you see the latest motor trend comparo with the GC and S7?
http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797346

Four wheel drive cars are killing us.
Cars with around 450hp and heavier than M5 are faster than M5 (0-60 and 1/4 mile). This is totally ridiculous.

What's the point of owning an M5 if any car that has approx. 400hp but is 4wheel drive, will demolish my M5?

I don't know about you guys but this bothers me a bit.
Part of me bought the M5 for the heritage but also part of me bought it because I wanted to have the fastest sedan on the road and not the fastest sedan on the road with an "asterisk" (if you know what I mean).

Maybe it's time to slap xdrive to the M5? Everyone else is doing it, isn't it unavoidable that BMW will have to smell the coffee and follow the rest of the crowd?

And if BMW does comes out with an xdrive M5, who will still buy a RWD M5?
Maybe that's the reason that all dealers are stuck with a ton of M5's on their lots? People are just not seeing the value in an M5 when they can just get an Xdrive GC or S7 or S6, etc and to be just as fast without having to spend the extra $$$ ??

Don't get me wrong, I love my M5 but if every other car on the road is faster than mine (especially that M5 is out less than a year now) I just don't know, I feel that the M5 will lose its value in my eyes and if I feel like that (being the biggest M5 fan for years), this will just kill it for many of us.

I don't know guys, am I the only one that feels this way?
Appreciate 0