View Single Post
      02-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #55
FmaxTurboSi
Private
Rep
Drives: tiny turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdh View Post
Getrag specifies a 700 Nm maximum for the DSC transmission, and G-Power has blown the lid off that number!

Congratulations G-power! Especially considering you did absolutely nothing to beef-up the transmission to handle your extra torque.

As an engineer, I can say there's not much worse than getting someone to buy something because you blew away the stock specification, but didn't bother to tell them that you blew away the reliability as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdh View Post
SMG/DCT replacement will run around $40K. Hey, if you're willing to throw that kind of money away, then go for it!. I've had it completely redone (under warranty) on my E60 at 22K miles. I also had the POS defective Dinan differential replaced at 54,000 miles because they didn't fully seat the Pinion gear. Eventually just wore away the teeth, then broke. No warranty though, since it went 54K miles.

I'll be interested to see what the G-power 'warranty' is. If G-power has done anything to relieve the stress on the DCT, they didn't say so. I suspect they haven't done a thing.
U MAD BRO???