View Single Post
      03-09-2014, 08:14 PM   #87
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvsNP View Post
This 2 day M school costs $3,000 apparently? With the plane ticket and food etc it's at least 3.5k. That's the cost of 10 track days in NJ in a year, which I'd say significantly more "track time" than what you'll get there. Am I missing anything here? Is it more about exclusivity of the event than tracking the car?
It is somewhat about exclusivity. They do give you a lot of swag with the school. Hats, Helmets, Jackets, key chains, yada yada yada.

I've done 3 track events with my M5 and I will say that the with the 2-Day M School I learned more, drove harder, drove faster, and had much more fun than in the times I tracked my personal M5. I loved the ///M School, and I wish I could do it every year. I thought that the great thing about the school, is the amount of worrying that is off your shoulders when you are on the track. It's their cars and their track, so if you crash, you get to walk away and not worry about anything. Great feeling if you ask me. Plus the instructors there really teach you how to drive harder and harder, while at HPDE's the instructors act as nanny's not letting you push your limits, which is understandable since it is their life in the car with you too.

At the ///M School they teach you how to drift, at track days, you'll probably get kicked off the track for drifting. Especially if their are other novice cars on the track with you.

The ///M School experience is like no other. Oh and the food is really awesome too!

Appreciate 0