View Single Post
      09-20-2012, 07:32 AM   #11
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: always changing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybimmerfan View Post
Thanks for the info. That's good to know that your car arrived without paint nicks. You must have driven during ED in the right places. A friend of mine who did ED with his M3 over a year ago, received his car with paint nicks and bugs that were literally fused to the paint. This I saw and got horrified. The picture of his M3's condition got stuck in my head. No amount of detailing could get rid of the fused bugs. So he had sections of his M3 front tip sandblasted and repainted.

I wouldn't want to deal with something similar and would rather do anything to prevent such from happening. I would rather have any bugs stuck, easily removed by washing.
i recommend all to clean the bumper before u drop off the car. just like my above post, the car will not be washed before it gets to our shore. leaving the bug remains on the paint for that long is just asking trouble. clean it before u drop it off!

i'm considering bringing a small roll of trac wrap (http://www.tracwrap.com/) with me this time. it acts like a temporary clear bra so it protects the frontal area nicely. at least i don't have to clean the bumper every night.

Last edited by 2045; 09-20-2012 at 07:38 AM..
Appreciate 0