View Single Post
      06-24-2013, 11:44 PM   #16
B-1Pilot
Yankee Air Pirate
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 w/CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybimmerfan View Post
Just for info, unless you really must have break-in service during ED, you need not have it during your ED experience. There are those who want to try the Nürburgring, that after traveling in Europe through their ED, head for it (especially if you fly in/fly out of Germany). If this is your goal then you have to have the break-in service but bear in mind that you will need to set aside at least a day to break your ED travel for this particular service. During my ED, I did want to have the break-in service done but during trip planning, I projected reaching 1200 miles somewhere in Switzerland. Looking for a place to have the break-in service done would necessitate my staying 2 extra days in a chosen location. So, finally, I decided not to have one and just have it when the car gets Stateside. Anyway, whatever you decide, have a nice ED -- I am sure it will be one that will be memorable as the one I did!
Thanks for the info... my tenative plan was to put about 1200 miles through the alps and france, and then get service in or around Kaiserslautern (I have friends at Ramstein AB I will spend a night or two with), then up to the ring just so I can take around for a slow(er) lap, but at least be able to push it a bit. Then I would finish off with some higher speed slab driving across the autobahn back down to Munich. Shooting for around a 10 day trip.