Rep
Drives: ///M's

Garage List
2014 BMW M5 Comp  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu
Over the long run, likely no issues would result, needless to say the preference is to wait for 1200. If you still have a choice, I would pull it back and wait until 1200. Which dealer is this? I am very disappointed to hear a SA offered it, he should know better. I've had very good experiences with Rudy or Brent @ BMW of Alexandria. (heard lots of bad stories with Fairfax, however)

In the E9X M3 world, we've had a variety of break-in experiences, and to date, not 1 issue I can recall attributed to "improper break-in".

Our experiences range from:
1. past 1200
2. before 1200
3. drive it like I stole it
4. baby it
5. structured schedule (combo of hwy and various speed roads)

They all didn't matter. But at the end of the day, if you have a choice, why mess with a schedule as recommended by BMW engineers, right?
I typically go to BMW of Alexandria but figured this was state inspection so just went to the nearest BMW which is in Sterling. The service manager said it popped in there computer that the service is due. Tried to stop them from doing it but the technician was already draining the oil. I told the service manager that it was too early but again said that
was what they have due for service. Now I guess I can drive the car hard.
Appreciate 0