View Single Post
      02-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #31
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob///M5 View Post
Here's a writeup for Supersprint's muffler. Interesting that they make the exact opposite claim:

"The factory one-piece muffler system has a complex design, which includes a built in flapper valve on one side of the system that has the sole purpose to alter the sound note at certain pre-set rpm levels. This design reduces performance at low RPM. Supersprint rear mufflers alone increase the torque and max hp by a significant amount, especially at low rpm."

Will be worth testing this out!
I would call total bs on that. Not sure how they are measuring low end torque. Ever seen that reported? Marketing bro. Mine ran like crap. Also the middle section the the stock F10 pipes has two TINY resonators. Most difference is made by the cans as far as noise and torque/hp. No doubt there are top end hp gains. Only makes sense. Low end torque does not. Silly argument though but everyone likes to have it. Truthfully the exhausts are done for NOISE. Any gains are so minimal. Funny to hear claims of 30+ hp gains. All the cars have a 600 cell primary cat and 400 cell secondary cat in the down pipes. Swapping those to a performance down pipe with a 300 cell primary and a secondary delete only nets you about 40 hp. So now tell me exactly how 30+ is realized with pipes behind those. C'mon. Living in fantasyland.

Last edited by ColdList; 02-05-2013 at 07:38 PM..
Appreciate 0