View Single Post
      08-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #22
Niko1414
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 720S, s550, S7, 997GT3RS

Official SILVERSTONE II F10 M5 Photos Thread

Just picked her up with 10 miles on and no damage!!

Silverstone Metallic with Silverstone interior and Anthracite wood trim.

Here are some pics and initial thoughts with 100 miles under my belt:

The F10 M5 is an amazingly balanced car and VERY different than my E60 M5 which i drove daily for 2.5 years.

My first two thoughts during the intial drive were (a) I feel disconnected (b) The exhaust sounds pretty good. As i continued my drive on side streets the sheer size of the car started to take a hold of me, but remarkably the car felt nimble. A huge plus!

As I pulled onto the 405 south headed home, I dropped her into manual shift mode (Sport) and let it rip(sort of) almost 5k..wow the DCT is lighting quick and the torque is intoxicating...but again i get the disconnected feeling and start reminiscing of E60.

Cruising on the freeway now @ about 70 the car was much more comfortable than the E60...which put a smile on my face, as i drive a lot of highway miles.

Stopped for a bite to eat and admired the exterior...very sexy and better than E60.

One negative so far is an slight break squeaking..may be just break in ??

If i had the garage space i would be keeping the E60.Can't wait to pass the 1200 Miles, so i can really test the car out Enjoy the pics...tint is coming tomorrow morning thanks to Laguna Beach Window Tinting!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0