View Single Post
      10-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #7
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

My car was not on the oil pump recall list ( I was told by my dealer that my production was just finished and the next batch was affected). Anyway, back to the question, I just had it topped up and soon after, my oil warning light came on again at around 1200 miles but the timing could not be better, I had the break in service done.

Now, I am at about 1450 miles.

My dealer's shop foreman said the engine will indeed consume lots of oil for the first 6000 miles or so before settling down. He did pulled up a BMW Technical directive bulletin informing dealers of such matter of excess oil consumption is within factory estimate. The shop foreman does not know whether the factory put in special break in oil during production process or simply use normal oil, as I was the only customer asked him that question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyguy View Post
so I guess this is normal and I can wait for some more time and try to stretch her close to 1200 miles...Did you top off immediately ? If i take it now they will drain the remianing break in oil and top it off with the new engine oil....right ?
Appreciate 0