04-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #15
ddmerino
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Not having done ED or having bought a hot new car immediately at release, I can't comment on what would be reasonable. I personally offered $1500 over invoice for a standard delivery because I didn't want to deal with haggling and I'd heard that the CA I contacted at my local was awesome (he was). Even if I could've gotten $500, I figured an extra $1000 meant a trivial percentage increase on the total cost of the car for me, but that meant a fair amount of extra profit for him.
My contacts at BMWNA have informed me that the MY2013 M5 ED MSRP should be easily available and even at that (ED MSRP) price, dealerships would still have enough monetary incentives offered by BMW. Although dealerships are not bound to give that ED MSRP as advertised by BMW as individual dealers can charge whatever they want, prospective M5 buyers should shop around. There will be dealers who will sell at that (ED) MSRP or better.

So guys, the trick here is to shop around and not be misled by greedy BMW dealers even if the item is "hot" and "may be selling at a premium". It will only be "selling at a premium" because the prospective buyer did not do his/her "homework".

Last edited by ddmerino; 04-30-2012 at 02:50 PM..
Appreciate 0