singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
I am considering this exhaust. I have some questions though:
1) how does it look?
2) how does it sound inside the cabin? Can you hear a noticeable increase in volume or is it just a change in tone?

Can anyone verify if there is a difference in sound between the Sport 90mm and Sport 102mm?
I can help you with all those questions as I've had Eisenmann Sport with 90 mm for several months now.

1) Pipe diameter is the perfect size for M5 F10. Bigger than stock and look very proportional. Any larger diameter will look like Kim Kardashian's ass.

2) There is some cabin sound when windows are up and driving in normal mode. I found it to be a very welcome 'side effect' so that I could actually hear my car sometimes. If you drive slowly and steadily there's almost no difference.

3) In 'Sport Plus' mode the volume becomes louder and can be easily heard from far away. It becomes louder, more pleasant to ears. Tone does not change.

Some notes for you to consider:
  • There were some minor issues with installation. Firstly a rubber tube was missing on one of the exhausts, my service had to search for a custom one.
  • Some air was leaking on the central section, sealant had to be used.
  • After initial installation, there was a 'tingling' sound coming from the valves when they were closed. I had asked my service to enable an 'always open mode' and I'm happy with the results.
  • The clearance of the car decreased by a few millimeters due to the larger diameter. Every time I drive to the garage I hit the floor with the middle section, which I previously didn't.
  • You will lose the 'fart' sound when lifting off after a full acceleration. You won't be able to make it even if you try.
  • Driving from a traffic light in 2nd gear and Sport Plus mode will give you an extremely satisfying, deep 'Brabus-like' bass or even louder. Can be useful at times

Overall very satisfied. The size and sound are perfect for someone who chooses an M5. Loud and aggressive enough when you need it, and quiet when you're driving home in peace. What I like the most is that the sound can be heard from very far way, is very pleasing to the ears but paradoxically not too loud. It has a lot of bass, tunes and refinement but is never too much.

The best example I can give:
M5 F10 (Eisenmann Sport) - distance and sound loudness.
1 meter: 100% sound. Music to your ears.
100 meters: 90% sound. Music to your ears.
500 meters: 50% sound. Music to your ears.
1000 meters: 30% sound. I can hear a sports car somewhere!

M5 E60 (Eisenmann)
1 meter: 100% sound. Annoyingly loud.
100 meters: 80% sound. Unpleasantly loud.
500 meters: 40% sound. Music to your ears.
1000 meters: 20% sound. What's that interesting sound?

Last edited by singularity; 12-13-2012 at 09:09 PM..
Appreciate 1
sqeezed99.50