08-06-2014, 11:07 PM   #10
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan99 View Post
I disagree with the above comments that the m5 is not a track car. The m stands for motorsport racing and the m5 was developed on the nuruberg ring! Just because it lost to the gt-t, doesnt mean you can make an excuse thats its not a track car. If you listen to the driver of the video, he prefers the driving style of thr m5 because its more use to what he drives on a race track! That says alot about the m5, but it lost in terms of numbers to the gtr due to the fact that it weighs almost 1/2 a ton more and bc its rwd did not put the power down as well. The m is far less compromising on normal roads than the gtr and the m5 was designed to be an everyday car that can be taken to the track
The BMW marketing engine is a powerful thing... Lol. You do realize why any car company proves their product on the 'Ring... Or any other track for that matter, right? Think about why Chevy kept the vette even when it was a loss-leader. Flagship products partly exist to sell the other products in the portfolio. BMW builds their brand around 'ultimate driving'. Put the pieces of the puzzle together and I hope/think you at least see what I'm saying (even if you don't agree).

Again... Just my opinion.

Also...not making any excuse for the M5 'losing'. Quite the opposite. I could care less that it lost...because to me it's not a track car meant to be raced. When I go race with my NASA buddies I'm not driving my M5 that's for sure!
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Polished 90mm exh tips - Coded by v12 - 21" HRE S107's polished lip/black center

Last edited by PhilT3; 08-06-2014 at 11:25 PM..
Appreciate 0