stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
The only thing you've got to worry about with touchless car washes and Opti-Coat is drying the water and soap off quick enough. If any water or soap doesn't get wiped off, it will stain on top of the Opti-Coat. This is what I am going through right now. My rear bumper has some moderately bad soap stains on it from so many washes. I have tried to wipe and clean it but the stains won't come out of the Opti-Coat. Today I tried to Clay Bar it and it helped somewhat. Tomorrow I am going to polish and then apply another layer of Opti-Coat and then maybe wax after that.

You really don't have to wax your car with Opti-Coat. In fact if you do, the wax will not stick on as good as it would if you waxed your regular clear coat. You can still wax on top of the Opti-Coat, but it will come off easier and won't last as long. I'm going to try a little wax for the first time soon a think. I just hate how the bumper got stained from the soap. It's especially noticable on my black color paint.
That's true but you can always use this.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...moval-gel.html

I don't use touchless myself but mainly because I have a clearbra and the installer said to avoid touchless in case the jets cause issues with adhesion.
Appreciate 0