View Single Post
      06-06-2014, 10:58 AM   #24
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNALUZU View Post
I understand that some people "feel" that the car is faster. But... I have to believe that if there was a power change as a result of the 1,200 mile service that it would be thoroughly documented in some procedure manual for BMW to give to the service departments.

Until I see any real documentation (like the documentation in the other thread regarding the margin of error in the speedo) I am going to feel pretty comfortable that there is no change.
also there is no document to show how to perform smoky burn-out while car is capable to do and is advertised! As examples there is document to claim car has 560 HP but people dynoed it and proved it's over than 560. BMW website claims 0-60 in 4.1 second, but there are lots of people including Motor trend proved the 3.7 second... I understand you and I see your point, but if there is no document, it doesn't mean that this is fake! Do you have any document to claim how fast DCT change the gears? I can and you can prove that it's gonna be less than 100 ms, but I cannot show you any document. anyways, my point is that you cannot rely on just documents since they may be underrated or does not exist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNALUZU View Post
Think about it, prior to the service most owners are driving the car very delicately. Not going full throttle, not going over 5,500rpm. Of course the car is going to feel faster after you start pushing the limits.
and most people who claim they did not experience over 5500 during the brake-in, they actually did !!! They also experienced the sport+ in over 5500 as well as acceleration ofcourse without LC since is not available
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0