View Single Post
      01-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #63
I Bleed BMW Viscous
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 F12 soon...

Cool For me the M6 Vert wins hands down

I have been a long time E39 Enthusiast, and have owned 2 M5's, one a 2001, and the other a 2002 Carbon Black. So, i love the look and utility of the M5 however, I am currently in the market for an M6 Convertible...

I would say that wanting to own a GT Convertible would be the best argument for choosing an M6 over an M5.

I have been over at Porsche for the last 6 months learning everything about them and after rigorous hours of test driving, I came back with the conclusion that the C2s, although a Great sports car in it's own right, was just too light and too small for me driving on our California Freeways, especially with all the behemoth SUV's and other imposing vehicles on the road. Obviously, these, "imposing vehicles" were not really an issue when driving my 08' Toyota Tacoma, and even when towing my MasterCraft...lol

The M6 however with it's top open while driving down the same Freeway's did not affect my pleasurable drive in the least. It had all the power I could ever want, it felt safe and the thought of those, "imposing vehicles" had nary even crossed my mind during the whole test drive, or should i say, "Flight to another world..."

The M6 felt safe and it rode solidly befitting anyone who could possess such a Grand vehicle. A good test for comfort while test driving vehicles would be driving on the, "Boobies..." Right? You guys know what I mean. Those little Bott's that shine at night that make that, "Hey dude Wake the $%#$ up before you smash your car!" Yes those. Take a 911, and an M6 or even an M5 for that matter and drive over those...Post your experience...lol

The open air, next to a California Coastline, with specifically NO Room for more than a Passenger, with just you and your beautiful wife driving to a favorite Bed and Breakfast with the tunes flowing from the Bang and Olufsen Stereo System, the wind blowing your hair, well I'm bald so... The wind Skimming over your head...lol All the Space and comfort one could want from the Multi-Contour seats and interior cabin design. The Large and Awesome display with technology to reduce glare. You get the picture...

So, yea I guess although most of your rationale was compelling to go for the M5, there are Special circumstances that would lend itself to purchasing an M6 over a comparable M5.
Attached Images

Last edited by I Bleed BMW Viscous; 01-01-2013 at 08:39 AM..
Appreciate 0