01-22-2014, 01:20 PM   #21
DarthColin
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by avlnch View Post
Read my post above. If you prep the car properly, apply a good sealant or wax, and let it cure, the bugs don't stick and the few that may from time to time aren't a issue.

I personally stay away from clear bras. I don't like having anything ontop of the paint.. it changes the feel and I just generally don't like them. I haven't put it on any of my cars and have had no issues. I also don't purchase my BMW's - I lease them.

Just because you have a frozen paintwork doesn't mean you need to clear bra. But if you like to put film on your cars, I have heard good things about suntek matte protection film.
Ok, that answers my question about clear bras, and it's the answer I wanted to hear, as I'm not really a fan either. However, I would like to put some pieces around the wheel arches which are susceptible to pebble strikes.
Back to the bugs though. I'm still wondering about bug carcass sticking. I'm not talking about the odd bug here and there, I'm talking about this picture. This is what my car looks like, just about every summer time commute to work. At least once per week. That's one hour of driving, one way.
Attached Images