04-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #6
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
You paint the roof to create a fake glass roof effect, before you even bother to remove those hideous orange reflectors. Interesting priorities.

I hate fake effects on cars. You'd be better off buying an actual carbon fiber roof, so the difference in appearance is justified by the weight savings. Painting it black is just vain. Next thing men will be wearing make-up.
My intentions were not to create a fake effect but to provide a visual effect that is more pleasing to my eye. Had no thought of a glass roof, or a carbon fiber roof, but if you wish to think of those when you see a car with a black roof, that is certainly your prerogative. One benefit from the black color that I hadn't foreseen was that the sunroof now blends in and almost disappears when it's closed. I'm sure many people think just buying any model of BMW is vanity, much less the M5. Oh, and oddly enough I'm kind of beginning to like the contrast of the orange reflectors in the front with the Space Gray color, but may have the rear red reflectors removed and fill in the body panel so it's flush rather than use IND's replacements.
Appreciate 0