View Single Post
      03-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #56
BLACK MARKT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5 - ALPINE WHITE

Great afternoon everybody -

Been off the grid for a few weeks because I've been busy w/ various projekt builds ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
I think its funny that we get updates for all kinds of things from the OP but updates on this "tune" are very inconsistent.
It's been almost a month since we performed the ECU tune offered by GT HAUS.
Throughout the ECU tune process, during and after I've been in constant contact w/ them regarding the vehicles performance.
One of my main concerns was that in CA we get 91 octane so I didn't want the same tune as they used in Chicago.
With that said GT HAUS developed a more conservative ECU tune than the one they used specifically for my M5.

So 400+ miles later here's my take on the ECU flash ...

I can definetly feel a increase in power and it does seem faster ...
Under normal driving conditions it's been great ... no issues at all.
NO check engine warnings or any issues of any kind ..
The only time messages came up was during the intial flashing of the ECU .. a bunch of lights came on.
GT HAUS assured me that was very normal in the initial flashing process.

In SPORT PLUS hard driving conditions I can tell it runs harder faster but not neck breaking by any means ...
The best way I can explain it is that it feels like SPORT PLUS PLUS mode ...
In discussions that I've had with GT HAUS it's due to the toned down ECU flash I requested.
Against a stock M5 and M6 w/ a MEISTERSCHAFT exhaust on the street I've pulled away but we've always ran out of room to keep going ..
I have not ran any M5/M6's heads up, gear for gear but I feel that I should pull away based on how it feels now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm5bullit View Post
Waiting to see if the results are what you thought they would be. I have been talking to GTHaus about the tune and I am waiting to pull the trigger. Hope all goes well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
What's the latest update on this?
On our last #PML QUICKSTRIKE to SUPERCAR SUNDAY in Woodland Hills I ran it pretty hard and again it felt and performed pretty good!!
Unfortunatley I didn't have a opportunity to run it head to head w/ the other M5's that came with us ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2be View Post
It's been a week since the Woodland Hills event, anything to report regarding your tune from GTHAUS? I was hoping for at least some head to head race reports against a completely stock M5 so we could see the improvement the stage 1 tune gave to your car. Did everything work out OK?
Overall based on my request for a conservative ECU tune I'm happy with it for now ....