View Single Post
      07-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #295
.b0link
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 LMB 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
Instead, it was "you have the right person". This was after being woke up in The woman, contacted at her home in San Diego, spoke briefly with ABC News and immediately expressed concern her son may be involved in the shooting death of at least 12 people overnight. "You have the right person," she said, apparently speaking on gut instinct. "I need to call the police... I need to fly out to Colorado."
I agree on people being the problem, however I do believe that this was taken extremely out of context by the media....they tend to do that. Have to be really careful what you say.

I believe she was woken up middle of the night...forget how the exact transcript goes, but they said are you XXXXX, and she said yes. And they asked for a statement, and she did not know what they were talking about, and the briefly said something about a shooting and then asked her "Do you have a son named XXXXX that lives in Colorado? To which she responded "yes you have the right person" referring to herself.

Think for a minute how confused you would be if woken up at 3 in the morning and questioned like that. This was twisted by the media for a story.
Appreciate 0