07-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #7
Hunter5179
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
hahahaha! Problem is that most of us can't put that "emotion" in check no matter how hard we want to. ANY mod and we jump at it.

Just ordered my new 2014 M6 coupe Competition Pkg! I tried soooo hard not to do it. In fact, I left it off the order for exactly ONE day. I even posted negative comments about the value of it on a few threads but in the end it was simply IMPOSSIBLE to resist. We CANNOT fight it. Sort of like the LCI. You say you don't care but then you see a new M5 with new LED lights and you feel like you have the "old" one. Love the idea of the remapped MDM. Car needs it. Also the steering in the new 2014 M6 is MILES above the 2013 M5/M6 and the competition package steering supposedly feels even more connected to the road. Also, you have to love the idea of the enhanced rear differential with its own control unit. All in all it is not a bad price to pay for all the options. It would cost you more to do them individually and some you can't do later. I think the stock M6 is AWESOME as it is and you probably do not NEED any of this but I just don't want to say "what if?" or feel like I have a lesser car when a comp pkg car pulls up next to me at a light. Call it silly but those of us who mod get it.. It's one of those things that could easily cause me to trade my car again in 6 mos like I am my 2013 F10 M5 and like I did my 2010 E60 M5. CANNOT WAIT! :happyanim
So what are you going to do when the LCI M6 comes out a few months later??
Appreciate 0