Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter5179 View Post
So what are you going to do when the LCI M6 comes out a few months later??
Probably the same thing he did now. M5 wasn't even 1 year out, they release LCI and this fellow enthusiast couldn't resist and ordered an M6+LCI, again to have the latest and greatest. Probably would do it again next year when LCI M6 comes out, around this time. Those aren't as much upgrades, as intentionally withheld upgrades to make phsycological pressure on most 'vulnerable' customers (those who love these cars the most) and make them buy it.

M5 was in no way outdated in any aspect, be it performance, design and features - pre-LCI M5 is still the best all-round sedan in the world. I find it hard to believe that these companies (Mercedes, BMW, Audi) all "accidentally" ended up with a generation of their super-sedans exactly 560 hosepower with trillions in funding, hundreds of years of experience and technology advantages.

As for me, I've decided to go with LCI+CC only by buying a used car after a year of its release. I think majority of us feel the same about these updates, and no matter how you twist it - people who buy these cars new with this frequency of updates lose a great majority of their hard earned money.
I don't know what company you think you're talking about, but none have trillions in funding. Think about how much a trillion dollars is.
Appreciate 0